Prior to an extensive renovation in 1955, the Parish House was the original church building for the Scarsdale Congregational Church. When built in 1922, it was called the The Assembly Hall. With the construction of the current sanctuary building, the old hall was transformed into a communal gathering place, with a large community room, meeting rooms, and classrooms.
The main room, Dyckman Hall, has a stage (with theatrical lighting), a grand piano, and an adjacent professional-sized stainless steel kitchen. It is the room where Coffee Hour is held after services, and it also serves as a meeting hall for congregational meetings. It is able to seat 300 for theatrical events or 160 for a sit-down dinner.
Down the hall from Dyckman Hall are the children’s library and several recently refurbished rooms that are used for meetings or receptions. Downstairs, there are 15 rooms on the ground level, several of which open out onto a playground. These rooms house the Nursery School and are used for Church School and meetings.
The three-story Office Building, which was originally a minister’s residence, houses offices for the ministerial and administrative staff. It is located between the Parish House and the Sanctuary.